- April, 2017 – Queen’s Gazette – update on the multi-university initiative to create a multi-employer, jointly-sponsored pension plan
- December, 2016 – Off campusaccess to Queen’s Pension Self Service – use direct link http://queensu.ca/humanresources/total-compensation/pensions/self-service
- December, 2016 – Queen’s Pension Self Service – the comparison tool won’t print using Firefox – use Chrome or MS Explorer.
- June, 2016 – Queen’s Gazette – Queen’s now has Pension Self-Service
- February, 2016 – USW Local 2010 Know Your Paystubupdated to include Pension Calculations, based on years of service (to compare with Queen’s pension statements)
- 2015/16 – see QUFA’s General Pension Information
- September, 2015 – Queen’s / USW Local 2010 Collective Agreement: Monetary Matters(5p pdf) – see pages 2-5, Article 31 Pension – this article is in Queen’s agreements with CUPE, QUFA, USW. From QUFA’s summary of updates to their agreement.
A New Path for Ontario University Pensions
Dear Local 2010 Members:
You will recall that we sent out a mailing last June 2017 with updates on the negotiations which would create a new pension plan for employees at Queen’s, the University of Toronto, and Guelph. Last August, university administrations, USW Locals and faculty associations signed an agreement to move the University Pension Plan (UPP) to the next stage of developing the details and terms of the new plan. The 2-page update found at the link below, is the first in a series of communications to keep you updated on this important project. The attached document mentions a new web site – www.universitypension.ca – which will be a repository of information regarding the UPP project. We want all of our members to be well-informed about the process, the options before us and their right to vote on what ultimately happens with the pension. We encourage you to read all of the materials provided and actively participate in the ongoing discussions.
University Pension Project (UPP3)
A New Path to University Pension Sustainability for Workers
For several years, the United Steelworkers (USW) have been engaged in discussions with several universities in Ontario regarding the creation of a university-specific, multi-employer, defined benefit Jointly Sponsored Pension Plan (JSPP). Click on the links below to review the progress to date of the University Pension Project (UPP3).