Remote Work Arrangements for USW Members
As USW Members continue to return to campus, those who have adapted to working from home may be eligible for a Remote Work Arrangement (RWA).
The Union and the Employer have now completed negotiations regarding a Letter of Understanding (LOU): Remote Work Arrangements (RWAs) for USW Members. To review the details of this LOU, click here.
If you are interested in a remote work arrangement, Human Resources will need you to complete the followings steps:
- Review the Procedure and the Guide to Approval and Implementation
- Request a remote work arrangement — USW Members should submit their request to their Manager
- Complete the Assessment Tool
- If approved, complete the USW Terms and Conditions Form — USW form provided by Client Services
- Evaluate the remote work arrangement
Email the Union Office at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Further formation regarding RWA’s can also be found on the Human Resources web site.
Temporary Remote Work outside of Canada
On occasion, USW Members may need to temporarily work
remotely outside of Canada.
Arising from a grievance, the Union and the Employer have
agreed upon a settlement (Minutes of Settlement), whereby
Members can submit a request to their Manager to
temporarily work remotely outside of Canada.
To review the details of these
Minutes of Settlement, click here.