Chair: Liza Cote | firstname.lastname@example.org
Members: Terrie Easter Sheen, Katie Legere, Brenda Wood, Bianca Vanderlaak
New USW members are always welcome.
Women of Steel
The United Steelworkers are committed to equality. We believe unions need women and women need unions. We have strong policies against harassment in the workplace, bargain for pay equity and offer training and leadership development to our women members. All women who are members of the Union are considered Women of Steel.
Love Shouldn’t Hurt
February 12 – February 15, 2018
drop-off between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm daily | Union Office | 154 Albert Street
Brought to you by your Women of Steel Committee
Love Shouldn’t Hurt is an annual event hosted around Valentines Day to raise awareness of domestic violence and to collect donations for Kingston Interval House (assisting women and children in crisis).
Kingston Interval House is committed to supporting women, children and youth experiencing violence and working collaboratively with the community to eliminate all forms of violence and oppression.
We are asking members to “drop by” the Union office (within the dates and times listed above) with a donation(s) for Kingston Interval House of any of the items outlined below. We will also be accepting cash donations. Additionally, we will have information and support materials available and on display in our Boardroom.
• Shampoo/Conditioner • Tampons/Pads • Underwear • Hairbrushes • Hair elastics
• Face cloths • Bath towels • Make up • Hand and/or body lotion
• Razors • Sunscreen • Backpacks • Socks • Flip flops • Children’s toothpaste
• Sippy cups • Pacifier (new in package) • Underwear • Children’s sunscreen
• Baby shampoo • Baby soap • Onesies • Powder • Socks • Backpacks
• Slip on shoes • Baby wipes • Zip lock bags • Sealable containers
• Latex/Non-Latex Gloves • Towels • Disinfectant wipes • Journals
• Bandaids • Diaper Cream • Polysporin • Cotton Swabs
Thank you to Sisters Terrie Easter Sheen, Mary Wales, Briana Broderick and Liza Cote who attended the recent District 6 Women of Steel Conference in Toronto – July 2017. (Photo Credit: Kim Hume)